Friday, June 10, 2011

A new blogger

I have been sitting at the computer for a week now reading some fantastic blogs from Kindergarten teachers around the country. I have found such great information and ideas that I will be using for my class next year. In fact, I have been so inspired that I am deciding to start my own blog. 

My name is Jennifer and I currently live in Orlando, Florida. I have taught Kindergarten for four years and will be starting my fifth this August. I can't see myself teaching any other grade level, but you never know!

One of the most wonderful things about teaching is getting my classroom ready for a new set of little people. My brain has been turning trying to come up with new ideas for my latest theme. I am going to be turning my classroom into the Kindergarten Big Top Circus! I'm so excited that I can hardly contain myself. 

This past school year, my classroom theme was Jungle Safari. I will post some pictures of what my classroom looked like. 

I would love to meet some fellow teachers that have the same passion for teaching as I do!

5 comments:

Linda McCardle said...

I came across your blog and am now following you. I have been teaching kindergarten for 25 years and it's still the very best job in the whole wide world. I am looking forward to sharing ideas.
Linda
ateacherstouch.blogspot.com
www.lindaslearninglinks.com

Jennifer said...

Hi Linda! Thank you for following my blog. I'm really excited to meet other teachers. I'm going to head over and check out your blog.

Ashley said...

Blogs are so fun! I also teach kindergarten and have been for seven years. I love every minute of it. I Love your theme for this coming year as well. Our school district picks our theme and so we will be doing the whole farm thing. I am planning on doing some cute stick cowboys and cowgirls. I will post pictures of the things I make over the summer! So glad that you joined the blogging world! :)

Ashley
www.mrssimpsonskindergarten.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

This coming school year will be my 11th year in Kindergarten. I have taught for 13 years, the first 2 in Pre-K. I LOVE teaching Kindergarten!! I can't wait to see all the great things you have to share. I am trying to start my own blog too, but it is slow going. Hope you have a great summer!

Katie Mense said...

Welcome to the blogging world!! It's so much fun...and so addicting! Thanks♥ for adding me to your blog roll!!;)
Little Warriors

Post a Comment