Sunday, June 12, 2011

End of Year Unit..A walk through my Rainforest

Our theme during the last marking period is learning about the Rainforest. There is so much stuff that we do it takes us weeks to get through it all. It is so much fun to do and the kids just love it! When it gets close to the end of the year, we have a Rainforest Day. We invite the whole school to come into our classrooms during the day and then the parents come in at night. At the end of the night, the kids & parents take all of their projects home. This idea came from Kimberly Jordano. I just love her theme books! Has anyone else done something like this?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Monica and Chandra. We just watched your video and saw your DonorsChoose.org page.

Chandra says, "What fun!"

I hope you realize what a huge and lasting impression you make on the children who come through your classroom. Chandra will never forget the wonderful year she had. She was just a little spark at the beginning of the year, and now she is a fully burning flame---ready to learn everything and set the world on fire! I know the potential was already there, but you do WAY more than just "teach" kindergarten. :)

Anonymous said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwww! While I was watching your video I kept saying it...wowwwwwww! Amazing! Thanks for sharing and for letting me discover Kimberly Jordano!
Elena

Post a Comment