Saturday, June 18, 2011

Calendar Math Traditional vs. Promethean Board

I am linking up with Oceans of First Grade Fun to talk about this topic. I was thrilled when I saw this because this is one of my summer dilemmas. Our principal bought us this great Calendar Activity Chart to use in Kindergarten. I used it this year but was quickly bored with it, not to mention it was HUGE!!!! It took up half of one of my whiteboards.

I have been leaning towards using my Promethean for calendar. I've been looking around different blogs and saw that many teachers are having students use calendar books to keep them engaged during calendar time. I think that is a great idea and I think I will be trying that this year.

I'm off to watch some YouTube tutorials on using ActivInspire. I can make basic things on it, but I want to do so much more. Pictures, movies, and songs...oh my!

What does your calendar time look like? Leave a comment here or link up with Oceans of First grade Fun.

If anyone needs help or would like a copy of my flipchart when I'm done....please leave me a comment!

4 comments:

Oceans of First Grade Fun said...

Thanks for linking up!
BTW LOVE your Rain Forest Video :)
Ms. A

Jennifer said...

Thanks Ms. A!! I'm new to all of this, but I love your blog! You have such great ideas!

Tammy O said...

I do my calendar completely on my Smartboard and my students love it. I built a program that incorporates every single thing that I had with my original HUGE calendar wall, but created in a fun and interactive way to keep the kids engaged. Embedding the calendar songs, shape songs, and other activities into the calendar makes it fun and easy for the STUDENTS to lead and makes it less work for me hunting CD's or parts and pieces. I will never go back to traditional calendar.

Comptonhouse said...

I would love to see some of the things you do. Our fire dept is all over us about paper on the boards and walls. If we could put calendar on the smartboard it would be super. Tammy O how did you do all of that. Would love a tutorial!

Post a Comment