Friday, June 10, 2011

My old theme "Jungle Safari"

This is my birthday bulletin board. It is located right by the new technology we got, so I didn't want to make it interactive and have the kiddos near and around that area.

 My mom bought me a Cricut about 3 years ago. It had been in the closet for 2 years unopened. I was unfamiliar with it and and never took it out. Last summer I took it out and started to mess around with it. My jungle job board was the first thing I ever made with it. Needless to say, I LOVE my Cricut! I don't know what I would do without it.
 This is a view of my sink area. This year, the left area of the counter top is going to be my creation station area.
 This is my reading hut. The kids absolutely LOVED this. They loved to go in here and read books.
 This is the left of my classroom. On the counter is where I have four student computers. My school was rebuilt and I hadn't received the computers when this was taken. This is a view of my housekeeping area that changes monthly. It starts out as housekeeping in August.
 This is my writing station. I have hooks and baskets that I attach to the back of my math manipulative furniture.
 This is a view of where I have the student desks, circle time carpet, calendar, and my Promethean board.
 This is what you see when you first enter my classroom.
 The front entrance of the classroom.
 This table has a folder and the students sign in every morning when they arrive.
My rolling cart helps organize materials that I use for my small groups.

26 comments:

Barbie said...

Looks adorable! I love the chair pocket to match your theme! Welcome to blogging!

Jennifer said...

Thank you! I'm really excited about blogging. My mom made all of the chair pockets and my kidney table skirt. I will post pictures of my new classroom in August. I'm doing a circus theme.

Miss Kindergarten said...

Oh my goodness, your writing center is AWESOME!!!!!

Hadar
Miss Kindergarten

Jenny said...

I am so loving the way that you have your writing center materials hooked to the back of your Math Center. What a cute idea!

Jennifer said...

Thank you for the sweet comments about my writing center. I bought all of the hooks and hanging baskets from Home Depot.

The Four on Board said...

ok i love your set up!!! i have been teaching 5th grade for 7 years and now am going to kinder in fall and i am LIVING and BREATHING kinder blogs. I want to do a jungle theme this year!! Your stuff is adorable!! where did you get the bamboo for your reading hut?

Sarah
girlforgod27@aol.com

Mrs. C said...

Very cute pictures. How do you post wit the frame around the picture?
littlemisskindergarten.blogspot.com

Ms. J said...

Love your pics!! So cute!!

smilescrayonsandendlessstories.blogspot.com

Mrs. Bleeker's Kindergarten Class said...

is your mom willing to share her pattern for how she made the chair pockets? They are A_MA_ZING!!!
What a darling room! You go girl with your blog b/c I see great things coming in the future from here! :)

Anonymous said...

Would you share with us how you made your reading hut? I would LOVE one of those for my room!

Anonymous said...

I am planning a "wild" theme this year. Thanks for the really cute ideas! I love the reading hut. I had better get my husband busy on that project.

Kim said...

Where did you get the animal baskets that were on your rolling sart? They are so cute! I am doing a circus theme too!

Jennifer said...

Kim...the animal baskets are from Target. I believe they still carry them. Good luck with your circus theme. I've been having a blast getting all of my new items. Will post pics in August when I can get back into my classroom to decorate.

Katrina said...

SO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your blog and am so excited that I found it! Your photos are such an inspiration. Would you be able to share in more detail the cards that are hanging on your writing center? The ones that say "colors", "days of the week", etc. A million thanks!

isabelzito at verizon dot net

Anonymous said...

I would also love to know where you got the vocabulary cards from. I was trying to find them on lakeshore but I do not know the exact name! Thanks so much for sharing, great ideas!

Kat Curlee said...

YOU.ARE.BRILLIANT!!! I love the whole classroom! Don't you just know those kids LOVED coming to school just to be in that classroom!! I would!!
Would you share with me how you made your reading hut? I want to do something similar in my room, but not sure how to make that frame!

Thanks!
Katherine
katcurlee@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Also curious about the reading hut and how you made it! Fill us in!

Anonymous said...

I love your reading hut! Brillant idea!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your reading hut! I am doing an all out jungle theme in my classroom this year & was wondering if you could share how you made it & how it was framed. SO super cute!!! Thanks so much for sharing your photos! :))

Jennifer
jwright_mom@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Love the reading hut! How did you make it?

Anonymous said...

Would you be able to share how the reading hut is made and supported ? My husband has agreed to make it.

Unknown said...

Where did you get the materials for your reading hut? I want to make one.

Anonymous said...

Can you post where to find the vocabulary cards for your writing center? Love them! Thank you!

Rachel

Jessica Reynolds said...

Hi! I was just wondering where you got the bamboo stalks to make your reading hut? I want to make one for my room but I can't find affordable bamboo stalks. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I love your reading hut and would like to make one for my classroom! Was wondering how you attached the bamboo to the wood? Any tips you could give me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks:)

Post a Comment