Monday, July 4, 2016

Oh the "Wonder"ful things in this Classroom!

:sigh: I am so behind! My last classroom photos are from 4-5 years ago. You didn't still think I was doing the whole circus thing, did you? As much as I loved the circus theme, my mom and I decided to do something a bit more "wonderful." Have you guessed it yet? Here's a clue.....

Do you know where he is from? If you said, Alice in Wonderland, then you win! Ha, ha! Well, not technically, but I'm proud of you! It's kind of sill to have two door handles, but one is really a doorknob. Either way, the kiddos really enjoyed trying to open the door with the sillier one!

We thought that Wonderland would be a great classroom theme since it leads itself to so many fun and imaginative characters and settings. Come with me on a tour of my Alice in Wonderland themed classroom.


Here we are at the entrance of the classroom. The sign is handmade by my very talented mother. This area is supposed to represent the hole that Alice falls down into. There is a grandfather clock to the right, a silhouette of the White Rabbit and of course he is on the table too!



Here are some wide pictures of the classroom just to kind of see what is going on in there. I'll share some close up of fun items coming up. Did you notice the teacups hanging from the ceiling?




Here is a close up of my seat sacks. I had six characters available (Alice, Mad Hatter, Twiddles, Cheshire, Queen of Hearts, and White Rabbit (not shown here). Of course, everything the children had matched their seat sack, including their name plates. You can find my Alice in Wonderland nameplate set here.





This brings us to my computer area. At this school, I had a really long wall that was always a bit challenging to do something with. During this time, our district was really big with Marzano and we need to track student progress. Hence, the Mad Hatter's Tea Party of Success wall came to life. Each cup stack was for a different skill (letter naming, counting to 100, fluency, etc). Their name would go in the cup that matched where they were in terms of that skill. The golden cup was at the top. You know everyone wanted to be up there!





Above you will see my Daily 5/Math BUILD board. My clock and teaching area too! The BEST part of my room is up next.....





Here is my reading area. It's hard to see, but my class library is pretty extensive and sits to the left of that AMAZING Cheshire Cat tree. The kiddos would pull up a mushroom, a reading buddy, and just READ! The singing flowers always kept a quiet eye on them!




During my Meet the Teacher event, we used that familiar scene when Alice can't just seem to be the right size to offer the kiddos some Wonderland water and petit four cakes. Oh, I also forgot to show you my display for work out in the hallway. WOW! I think I covered almost all of that room. Thanks for stopping by and visiting. What do you think the best part of this classroom was?


Are you interested in turning your classroom into a "wonder"ful learning environment? Check out my Wonderland products. Interested in something I don't have, let me know and I will add it to the collection!

Wonderland Number Posters 0-20 

Wonderland Alphabet

Wonderland Word Wall with Sight Words

Wonderland Binder Covers

Wonderland Rules

3 comments:

Unknown said...

love all the classroom decor! Do you happen to have the student's name plates that go above their hooks? I would love to add those to my classroom!

Unknown said...

I love this room!!! Where did you get the seat sacks from?

Jen

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the love! My mom designs and makes all of my seat sacks. She is very talented.

I have received some requests for my student name posters. I will be working and posting those up on TPT really soon.

Post a Comment