Saturday, August 20, 2011

What's popping? Circus Theme Class Photos

One of my favorite things about teaching is deciding what theme I want to decorate my room in. My mom came up with the idea of using a circus theme this year. I loved it as soon as I heard it! My mom has been busy all summer sewing things for my room and I have been busy creating things on my computer. We have been in the classroom since Monday and we are dead tired! Here are pictures of my new Big Top Kindergarten Class!

This is my little alcove. The table is used as a sign in table for my little Kinder Klowns!



This is my work display out in the hallway. Each student has a circus performer with their name on it. Under their picture, they have a little clip that I can hang their work/projects on.





I love this bulletin board! My mom made the 3-D box of popcorn.


This little monkey displays work inside our classroom. I used him last year in my jungle room. This year, we dressed him up as a clown!


My new and improved rocking chair. I never really liked it because it is so big, but now it is very comfortable! The lion is a bath mat that my Aunt found.



My favorite part of my classroom! This is my reading library.





This area is used to display the children's writing. Each author has their own display area.




My new job board that I made on the Cricut!








18 comments:

Kristin :) said...

Just love it Jen. The site is amazing. I am very proud!

Jess said...

Your classroom is beautiful! It is so detailed and cute! It looks like you worked really hard! Good luck with your first day! Your kids are going to love being in your room!
Rambling About Reading

Anonymous said...

My hard work sewing all summer paid off to see how awesome your classroom came out.
Love Mom

Unknown said...

I'm doing a circus theme too and also teach kindergarten, along with first grade. I wish these photos where up this summer. Your room looks great, makes me want to rethink a few things in my room. Where did you get the big "ringleader" (your first picture)?


Room looks great! It's going under my favorites.

Jennifer said...

Hi Unknown...the big ringleader is from Oriental Trading. Thanks for the compliment! Good luck with your 3-ring circus this year.

Kinder Carny said...

Hi. I work in Kissimmee and wanted to know if I could get a reading library made like yours to purchase?

Michelle Griffo said...

This theme is adorable!!!!!

I nominated your blog for an award!! Hop on over and read all about it....
http://applesandabcs.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-first-award.html

Michelle from Apples and ABCs

Heather's Heart said...

Your room is adorable! Your kiddos are so lucky to have such a creative teacher! I know learning in your room is so much fun!

Heather
Heather's Heart

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Looks great! Now if I only had a mother that could sew and help me!

Lisa Lizak and Beth Wright said...

I ADORE your classroom! I just found your blog from CFClassroom :) We are doing a circus themed March is Reading Month and I would love to find out where you got some of your cute stuff if you wouldn't mind emailing me :) I would be sooooo grateful! Amazing job!

Lisa :)
lisalizak516@gmail.com
Made In The Shade In Second Grade

JB said...

I'm teaching Junior Kindergarten this year and doing a circus theme as well. Where did you get the cute table cloth?

Anonymous said...

Love your room! Where did you get the tent?

Anonymous said...

Love the room! Where did you find the circus preformer clip art for the hallway.

Anonymous said...

Love the circus theme. Where did you get the templates for the circus performers and the little clips that you hang underneath them? I like this idea and would like very much to use it this year.
Thanks.

This is my work display out in the hallway. Each student has a circus performer with their name on it. Under their picture, they have a little clip that I can hang their work/projects on.

Ajohns said...

You did an amazing job on your room. I love it! As the others has asked, where did you get the red and white tent for the reading center and also the fabric banners you hung from the ceiling. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the hanging monkeys and where did you get all of the bulletin board sets, such as the birthday one. I am doing circus this year and I am having a HARD time finding things. Thanks for posting. Love it all!

Anonymous said...

Your classroom its beautiful! Very creative and colorful congrats to you and your Mom. Where did you get the Circus Tent for your reading station?

sda0302 said...

Did you make the tent?

Post a Comment